Hello Central Middle School Families!! Welcome Back To School!
We are excited to get started this fall and to see everyone again. We have a couple of steps that will need to be taken care of first before that can happen though, and we need your help to do this. Please read through all the information below before moving on. This will ensure you do not miss any valuable information.
We will be holding our fall registration on 28-29 Jul. We will have both a morning and afternoon session each day. The morning session will be from 9 am-12 pm and the afternoon session will be from 1 pm-3 pm. This year we are offering all three grades registration on both days to make things more convenient for parents with multi-grade level students. Registration will be by appointment again this year. To sign up for your appointment, please click this sign-up link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4DA8AA2DA5F5C43-cmsregistration, and choose which day and time you would like. Time slots will fill up fast, so please make sure to sign up early to have a better shot at the time slot you want.
Fall Registration Information
Fall registration will be the same as it was last year. We will require parents to sign-up for an appointment https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4DA8AA2DA5F5C43-cmsregistration to help manage the crowds. We ask that you please limit the number of people in your group attending the appointment. We would prefer the student and parent/guardians only. With all of that said, here a brief walkthrough of what to expect and what you can do to help speed up the process on your end.
1. Families will enter through the gym doors located on the east side of the building during their designated appointment time. (There is parking available right in front of the school on Delaware Ave for easy access to the gym.)
2. You will be greeted at the Welcome Station and provided the required paperwork to complete and turn in. They will also be handed a Student Registration Card that they will fill out with the names and grades of each student they will be registering and carry it throughout registration. If you would like to speed up the process you can download, print, and bring the completed Residency Questionnaire form with you to your appointment. This form is located HERE: https://tinyurl.com/5r3tshtj.
3. If you need to complete the form on-site, we will have tables available for you to do that.
4. Completed forms will then be taken to our Turn-In Station. Here your forms will be looked over to ensure everything is completed. We will also check to ensure your student has all the required shots for this school year. For 7th & 8th grade it is required that all students have received their TDaP shot prior to attending school. If you are unsure whether your student requires the shot or not, you can contact your doctor or the Health Department for verification. If your student does require the shot, please have that completed and bring an updated copy of their shot records to your registration appointment.
5. Once the forms have been verified at the Turn-In Station (and stamped on the Student Registration Card), you are cleared to proceed to pick up your students schedule at the Schedule Pick-Up Station.
6. Next you will move through our foyer where you can receive information about purchasing a yearbook, signing up for the Parent Support Group, and visit with other important agencies.
7. After that you will head down to the Chromebook Station where any Chromebook issues can be taken care of. 7th and 8th graders that already have a Chromebook from last schoolyear will only need to pay for this year’s insurance or opt-out of the insurance if that is your choice. More information about this can be found HERE: https://cms.bps-ok.org/o/cms/article/490939. For incoming 6th graders, this will be when they are issued their Chromebook. Since this is their first time receiving the equipment, there are a few other forms that will need to be completed. They are the Media Release and Electronic Device Agreement, and can be found HERE: https://tinyurl.com/5r3tshtj. You can complete the forms on-site, or print, complete and bring with you to speed things up.
8. Your last stop will be the Child Nutrition Station. At this station you will be able to put money on a student’s lunch account, and/or complete the free/reduced lunch forms as needed. Even if you will not qualify for free/reduced lunches, we highly recommend completing the form to help the district with their funding.
9. From here you will be allowed to go to the students lockers or tour the upper floors of the school (First floor will remain off limits due to on-going registration). For our new 6th graders, they will have the opportunity to learn their way around the school during Cub Camp on Aug 4th. If you have not signed up for that yet, you can do that HERE: https://tinyurl.com/dvjay2b4.
Please remember, to speed things up, complete the required forms ahead of time and bring with you to your appointment. We hope to have you in and out in less than 15 minutes if the above requests are met!
Thank you all and we look forward to seeing you then!